Monday 21 March 2011

Making my double page spread

I have started my double page spread by inserting my main image and writing the name of celebrity 'Elle' down the side.
I have then added the black and white images in the top right hand corner but put a grey border round them to make them stand out more. The border colour can be seen in the images, meaning it all links in well.
I have written an interview for the double page spread. Looking at my research I have tried to make it as realistic as possible and have therefore began with a short paragraph in bold, introducing the interview. The questions are also in bold and a grey colour so they are not confused with the answers. I have also made the word 'Elle' smaller so it does not cover the image. In the bottom right hand corner is a circle promoting her new album (a similar feature can be seen on the front cover)
I have added quotes between the interview in pink. These quotes are found in the interview and from research I have found this feature is very common. They break up the interview and are bold to make them stand out and make the text look more interesting and realistic.

I have moved the initial paragraph from the interview above the black and white pictures to make them look more involved in the articel. I have also drawn a text box using the pen tool on photoshop (top picture) which means the text can go around the image which I have moved slightly to the left making it more centred. Without having text to the right of the main image made it look seperate from the rest of the page so I believe this has involved it more.

In the top right hand space above the main image I have written the name 'Elle' twice in bold black writing. I think this is more attractive than the previous title which was vertical as it was quite small in a large space.



No comments:

Post a Comment