Saturday 19 March 2011

Photographs for double page spread.

On my double Page Spread I have decided to have a main image. I have looked through the pictures I took for this magazine and decided this one would be appropriate:

The picture shows the model holding necklaces and a flower hair clip and I believe it almost looks like an album cover image. The angle of the picture means the models face is the largest part of the image while the necklaces are smaller but still a main feature. They make it unique and different to the previous images I have used which are much plainer. The jumper has a soft, casual look and the basic colours do not clash with the colour in the necklaces being held, making it appropriate. However, I do not want a background behind the model in the image so it will look like she is standing out of the page.
 I have edited the image to remove the background and also to emphasise the colour in the necklaces.


I like this feature of 'Now' magazines double page spread so have decided to make my own version, using similar pictures of my model. I will also make the images black and white and smaller than the main one so as not to take over.

make a gif
Image 1


Image 2

make a gif

Image 3


Image 4

I have used these 4 images and cropped them all so only the face can be seen. I have also edited the background so it is grey but smooth and I have then made the images black and white. This is effective as it does not take the focus off the main image but looks elegant and attractive.

This is the final series of pictures which I will put on my double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment