Saturday 29 January 2011

Making the Front Cover

 After opening an A4 document I cropped the photo to make it fit. I left a larger space on the left hand side so there is room for text. I have also inserted the title 'DECODE' which slightly covers the models head. It does not stop the audience from seeing her face though and is therefore appropriate. As it is not a well-known magazine like 'rolling stone' it cannot go behind her head as the audience would not know what it says.
 I have then added the name 'Elle' which I have chosen as the models name. It is short and easy to remember and therefore would suit a celebrity. In the bottom left hand corner I added a red circle saying 'exclusive interview inside'. The red is bright and attracts the audiences attention. Similar things are often seen on magazines.
 I have added text on the right hand side of the model which states 'Decode's stars of 2011' in a font similar to the title. However, it is in a dark grey colour and much smaller, therefore not taking the attention off the title itself. The number '2011' is bigger than the rest as it is the current year and will atttract the audiences attention. Beneath the models name I have quoted her saying 'My idol is Katy Perry'. However, I later changed the quote as I listed other artists on the cover and do want too many.

 This print screen shows I have deleted the quote and have added text above the word 'Elle'. It says 'Kings of Leon Poster + free album to be won' the word poster is larger and the '+' sign is in a different colour as these parts show the magazine offers posters as well as something else which will encourage people to buy it. Along the bottom is a footer in dark grey saying 'Bruno Mars, Pixie Lott, Taio Cruz' who are all other singers and will be in the magazine. I have chosen them as their music is similar genres and therefore will appeal to the same target audience.

I have added an image of the album which is advertised in the text above do the audience will know exactly what is offered. This also makes the front cover more intersting by adding another image to the one already there. In the top right hand corner is the date and price of the magazine in the same font as in the footer.


No comments:

Post a Comment